We have grass! Little baby grass shoots peeking up everywhere and it’s wonderful! Every morning the first thing we do is run out and bend down close to the sidewalk to see how long and thick the baby grass is. It’s quite amazing to see how fast it grows; we got the seed in last Friday and started seeing little baby grass in about 5 days. It’s been 10 days now and it’s looking pretty good. Most people have told us that they could walk on their new grass in a month, so we only have 2 ½ weeks to go! I’m sure we won’t be really playing on it until about July, but I’m OK with that. It’s just so exciting that it’s coming in. It’s funny what little things you take for granted until you don’t have them. I never appreciated my yard in Riverdale like I should have. So, with the grass seed in, we spent the last week putting in the flowerbeds and mulch. I think everything looks pretty good; a few flowers are looking droopy, but I’m hoping that they’re just shocked from the transplant and they’ll perk up soon. I’m crossing my fingers! I’ll be sure to send a photo of the whole yard in a month or so to show the finished product.

Other than yardwork, we haven’t been up to too much. Tess is done with school but swimming lessons haven’t started yet, so we just try to stay busy. She LOVES playing with our next door neighbors, a 3 year old boy on one side, and 2 girls (ages 5 & 9) on the other side. Usually all four kids are outside running around and riding scooters or bikes. Jackson (the boy) has a “Rhino,” which is a battery powered ATV that the kids take turns driving. Tess loves it and luckily she hasn’t run anyone over yet!
That’s it for us. Sorry if you have the Chia Pet jingle stuck in your mind now.
No comments:
Post a Comment