Sunday, July 11, 2010

Waterfall Canyon

Our family enjoyed a beautiful hike up to Waterfall Canyon in Ogden on Friday. I had heard of this hike, and Bryan had hiked it with the Scouts, but I had never gone up there until this week with the Young Women. I liked it so much that the whole family went back up two days later! It's a pretty easy hike--Tess did the whole thing with no problems and Miles did about 1/4 up and about 1/2 down (the rest of the trip he rode happily in the backpack. Thanks, Bryan!) It feels so good to stand near the falls and feel the cold water mist all over us; it's a great way to cool down after the climb.

Here's Miles, sporting his cool shades, which I picked up for him at the dollar-spot at Target. I didn't really think he'd wear them; I thought it would just be a fun novelty for a few minutes until they got lost or broken. But he loves them!
Here's our beautiful girl. She was a real trooper on the hike. I call her our little mountain goat.
Here's Bryan, hot and tired from lugging the tank (a.k.a. Miles) up the mountain.
A few self-portraits:

No comments: