Today was my 1-month check after surgery. I have been feeling like things were getting crisper and clearer the last week or so (since I finished up my prescription eyedrops last Wednesday), so I was very excited about this appointment. First of all though, my doc said something about me being 20/25 at my last visit...I had to ask him to double-check. 20/25? I thought I was 20/40??--it certainly felt like things were pretty blurry. But he said that, nope, I was 20/25 at my 1-week check. So I guess I misunderstood, misheard, or just assumed I was worse than I was!
Regardless, I am happy to announce that I was 20/15 again today! Yeehaw! I am feeling so good about it all. My eyes are still quite sensitive in the sun (but they were that even before my surgery so it's nothing too new to me.) I'm just always going to be a sunglass-aholic. And I'm OK with that.
My eye pressure was 15 in each eye, so down just a smidge from my last visit. (Anything under 20 is good.)
Overall, I'm really thrilled that I did the surgery. It still seems surreal to wake up and not have to put in my contacts, or reach for my glasses. And at night, getting ready for bed, it's so strange to not get out the contact stuff and have to clean my contacts. It's awesome, I tell you! (We are planning a trip to California and Bryan asked me how early we should leave that morning...I said we should pack up everything the night before so all we'd have to do is wake up and eat breakfast and get dressed. I almost said, "the only stuff I'll need to leave un-packed is my contact stuff" before I remembered that I don't have to worry about it anymore! Wearing contacts for 20+ years makes it quite the habit!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! So happy for you!
Post a Comment