We were told about a great guide book (thanks Rebecca!) that gives you "touring plans" with detailed instructions about what to ride, and in what order. The book said that if you follow the plans you will save about 4 hours of standing-in-line time per day. And I completely believe it! Disneyland was packed with Spring Break crowds, but the longest line we waited in (for the entire 5 day visit) was one hour. Other than that the lines were about 15-20 minutes, or much less. It was awesome!
 |
| Mickey's Toon Town |
I am SO happy to say that the kids were not the least bit interested in seeing/getting pictures with/getting autographs from the Disney characters! Woohoo! I feel like that is such a giant waste of time, when there are about a million other more interesting things to do at Disneyland. But, being the nice mom that I am, I totally planned on waiting in all the lines to see Mickey, Minnie, and the gang. So I was ecstatic when the kids both just said "meh" to the characters. When we saw a character we would point them out and tell the kids to wave and yell "Hello!" and they were happy with that!
 |
| Here are the kids at the "Dog Pound" in Mickey's Toon Town |
 |
| "It's a Small World" |
 |
| "Mad Tea Party" aka "make-your-mom-want-to-barf ride" |
We would get to Disneyland before it opened and stay until 1:00 or 2:00ish, then head back to the hotel for a nap or a swim. Bree was pretty sleep deprived, just catching little cat naps in the stroller, so it was good for her to get a solid 1-2 hour afternoon nap. Then we'd eat dinner at the hotel at 5:00 and head back over to Disneyland for the evening.
 |
| bathing beauty! |
 |
| "Cannon ball!" |
 |
| Miles took this photo of Bryan on the bus...he had to actually go in to work for a few days, but he was also able to do a lot of work from his phone (smart phones are amazing, aren't they??) |
No comments:
Post a Comment