Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tess's Baptism

We're so proud that Tess chose to be baptized yesterday!  The day went great.  Bryan baptized and confirmed her and Gramma Terry gave a great talk about the Holy Ghost.

Tess was baptized with two other kids in her Primary class, Carter M. and Gavin B.  Here they are, looking dashing!
We were happy to have lots of family join us, and we missed our family who couldn't be there.  Here's some of the Jensen side...
...and here's some of the Terry side.
Here's bamatamb, complete with Bree's cheeser grin and Miles's silly face! :)
And here's Tess in her pretty new dress for church today.  Congratulations Tess!
 I am really thankful to be a member of our church.  My testimony is pretty simple.  The gospel brings a lot of peace and comfort to me in many things.  I love that we are taught about the Plan of Salvation, which means that we can be with our loved ones again someday.  I love that I can feel the Holy Ghost comfort me in times of sadness or stress.  I know that Jesus atoned for all of us so that we can repent and try to be a little better every day.  I know that Heavenly Father loves me and ALL of his children.  I really see Him as such a merciful, loving god.  Not a vengeful, judgmental god.  But just as a father who loves his kids and accepts them all, even in their imperfections.  That makes me feel good, because I'm so far from perfect.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

I think all boys make funny faces for the camera. I have about 1000 pictures of Taylor making dumb faces. He is so embarrassed now. He actually counsels Isaac and Nick not to make silly faces as they will regret it in the future.