Sunday, November 10, 2013

Girls' Weekend

I went to Park City on Friday & Saturday for a fun "girls' weekend" with some friends from my old ward in Riverdale.  They go twice a year, but I've never been available to join them until this time.  It was so much fun!  We went up to the outlet stores first and shopped for a few hours before lunch.  Then we all headed to lunch and pigged out on good food (I did get my finger smashed in the car door on the way in to lunch, which hurt really bad, but thankfully it's OK.)

Then we went back to shop, shop, shop some more!  I am usually not really interested in shopping, and only do it occasionally when I have a gift card to spend.  Bryan doesn't ever enjoy going (what husband does?) and it's definitely not fun to bring the kids, so I just don't really ever do it.  But, being there with a bunch of friends, who actually give their opinions about outfits--instead of the usual husband "I don't care...whatever you think" response--was a lot of fun!  I probably bought more than I should have, but I'm really happy. :)

We shopped 'til we dropped and then we went back to the condo and ate junk food and scrapbooked until late into the night.  I was all jazzed to get a whole bunch of scrapbooking done, but we shopped way longer than I thought we would and I really got very little done.  Oh well, it was worth it.  Saturday morning we did a little bit more shopping, then stopped for lunch and headed home.  It was such a nice little getaway with friends!

On Saturday, I got a picture text from Bryan and the kids...he took them all up to Trappers' Loop to hike to Green Pond.  It was a beautiful day and they had a great time--even when Tess was out walking on the part of the pond that was ice-covered and her foot fell through the ice and down into about a foot of freezing cold mud!


(This is one of my favorite pictures ever.  Oh, how I love these four!)

What a great Daddy!

No comments: