Saturday, July 19, 2014

"The Rock" Updated

Bryan and I thought that it would be a great idea to go up and try to clean up "The Rock."  (See this post. )  So we went and tried to cut down a bunch of the bushes around the rock and also pounded a fence post in the ground and tied a rag to it to hopefully make it more visible.  We thought about trying to move the rock back off the road, but it was WAY too heavy for that.  I think it helped!  It's not nearly as hidden now.

Afterwards we took a ride up the mountain.  As we were riding Tess leaned forward and said, "Mom, I think we should come up and do this every year.  So everyone can see the rock and nobody will crash again."  I think that is a wonderful idea Tess!

Here we are at the top of the mountain.  We were expecting beautiful views and miles of visibility, but there were a whole bunch of wildfires that were sending smoke all over the valley.  Oh well, it was still pretty, just a little hazy.
(Bree's poor sunglasses wouldn't stay in the right place because of her helmet.  That is how they looked the whole ride.)
It was a very dusty dirty ride, and our faces all showed it!
Bree's seemed to be the worst...

I'm so glad to have a nice happy ending to this story.  We'll be back next year! :)

No comments: