Friday, September 12, 2014

DC, NYC, AC, Philly Trip! (3 of 3)

On Monday Bryan had to go to work in Atlantic City, but I didn't want to just sit around the hotel alone all day--boring!--so I drove to Philadelphia to do some more sight-seeing.  First stop was Benjamin Franklin's grave...
 ...then over to Independence Hall.  This was the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed.  Pretty neat!
 ...and the Liberty Bell.

Here's a view of Independence Hall from the Liberty Bell building.

 Here is the little sliver of a house where Thomas Jefferson lived while he wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776...

 ...and the little house where Betsy Ross lived (supposedly) while she designed and sewed the first American flag.
 After seeing some of those historical sights, I thought I'd drive over to see the steps from "Rocky."  There is also a statue there of Rocky.  I was there right as rush hour was starting, so traffic was crazy and I didn't think I could find a parking place easily (and frankly I didn't care a whole, whole lot about it).  So I have no pictures of it.  However, while on my way there, I made a wrong turn and during the re-routing on my GPS I happened to find myself at a red light and looked up to see the construction of the Philadelphia LDS temple.  That was a lucky accident, and I'm glad I saw it!  (By the way, thank heavens for GPS navigation!  Otherwise I would have probably been too nervous to go by myself that day.  It was so nice to have that friendly little voice telling me where to turn.)

Wait, here are some pictures of Bryan on the Rocky steps from a previous work trip to Philadelphia in April.


That night we decided to check out the boardwalk in Atlantic City.  I'll tell ya, Atlantic City is kind of a hole.  It's like Wendover.  I could not believe how run down and abandoned it is!  So many of the hotels are completely empty and the homes all around there are pretty sad.  It's turning into a ghost town.  Very strange.  Anyway, it was a cold windy night so we brought a blanket, because, as has been previously established and mentioned on this blog, a cold Michonne is not a happy Michonne.
All in all, we had a fantastic trip!  I loved it.  I saw tons of new things, and many wonderful things I've seen before but was thrilled to be able to see again.  Most of all it was just so nice to get away and spend time with Bryan.  

See ya later!

No comments: