![]() |
| (Bree's hair is EXTRA curly from being braided...) |
When my mom began losing her hair to chemotherapy we knew it was time to go shopping for a wig. My sister and I joined her and I’ll never forget what she said to us when she picked the wig that looked the best (and let’s be honest, most of the wigs—including that one—didn’t look fantastic.) She said to us, “how will this look on me, laying down in my coffin?” It broke our hearts to hear her say that. She had a very aggressive Stage 4 cancer and was given 6 months to live. She knew it would take her, but she still wanted to look beautiful.
And she WAS beautiful, every day of her life. I wanted to donate my hair and my sweet beautiful daughters wanted to join me. We donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths which uses all of their donations to make wigs for women with cancer. We hope that our hair can help someone feel a little bit more beautiful.
Bree wanted to go first! She did super great and wasn't scared at all. She just sat there with a smile on her face the whole time. I'm sure she was just so thrilled that it won't hurt nearly as much when we brush out her hair.
Tess's hair is so thick that our stylist put it in 4 different ponytails to cut it! She has donated once before and I'm so proud of her for being willing to do it again!
(Bryan is just happy that there will be less hair around the house...in the vacuum, on the rugs, on his clothes, etc!)









No comments:
Post a Comment