Here they are practicing walking on stilts. (I remember my mom could walk really well on stilts. It is not easy!)
...and plowing the fields....Man, I sure had an appreciation for the comforts of home after seeing many of the original cabins there. The Gardiner Cabin was a little one-room cabin and the family had 10 children! Mom and Dad in the little double bed, all the girls would roll out their bedrolls on the floor, and the boys slept in a loft above that was only accessible from a ladder outside. My goodness I think I'd go crazy! We are very spoiled today and I am grateful!
Here the girls got to make a simple beaded necklace...
![]() |
| (with wonderful friends Mari and Lauren) |
And last they got to ride on a pony. That part was not very exciting since the horses were only able to walk in a small circle. They went around 3 times. Big whoop! I was hoping they could at least ride around a corral a bit, even with someone leading the horse along. Oh well, they still enjoyed it.
It was a great trip and I'm glad I was able to tag along!






No comments:
Post a Comment