Earlier this month Tess got the worst case of hives! We weren't positive what even caused them, but they didn't go away for days. Poor girl was on 2 different allergy meds to try to control them but it took a while for them to finally go away. (We think they started when she helped me do yardwork...I was cutting branches on our forsythia bush and she helped me gather them to the garbage. That's all we can think of.)
The kids are still over the moon for our little Parker dog. He's the first thing they want to see in the morning and they "fight" over him in the daytime too. He just really loves affection. He's definitely a lap dog and loves to be petted all day. Once in a while (maybe every 4 or 5 days) we can get him to play fetch with us. It's so exciting when he does; the kids go crazy! I wish he would do it more, but we'll take what we can get with our little geriatric doggy.
Here are the kids getting their free half-dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme from their last report cards. I had forgotten about the last report card from last year and just found them, so of course we had to go and redeem for our yummy free donuts! It's always very cool to see the donuts being made.
When we had our pirate costume out (when Bryan dressed as Jack Sparrow at the library Fan Con last month), there was this little accessory set that had an eye patch, a sword, and a big hoop earring. Apparently Bree found the earring...I was driving along one day when Bree said, "mom, look at me! I'm a pirate!" Ha ha, I don't know if I've seen pirates with nose piercings before, but she sure was a cutie.
When the big kids started school, Bree had to wait one more week (Kindergarten always starts one week later than the rest), so I decided to get in one more trip to the Treehouse Museum with her pass. She always loves to ride the horses and the bull, and the cutest part is dressing up! She always does a hat and bandana, but this was the first time she tried the adorable rodeo-clown-pants-and-suspenders. Loved it!
They have a new exhibit upstairs focusing on science. They have one of those birds that are weighted just right so that they'll balance on anything. She loved trying it out on her nose!
That's about it for our August!








No comments:
Post a Comment