Well, we had an eventful day...we had two of Tess's best little girlfriends from Riverdale come over for a playdate. After lunch they decided to get in "dress-ups" and then play in the basement playroom. So Tess came running out in her plastic high heels and when she made the u-turn from the hallway around the banister to go down the stairs, her shoe slipped right out from under her and she biffed it on the wood floor. She immediately started screaming, more vehemently than usual, so now I'm checking everywhere for blood and can't find any. Then, I see this little drip of blood on the bottom of her earlobe so I turn the earlobe over to find a huge deep gash there. Apparently she (somehow!) hit the back of her earlobe on the corner of our banister.

I took her to the doctor's office and the nurse there described it perfectly--she said that from the back it looked just like someone had had her earring pulled clear down through her earlobe. Miraculously the front of her earlobe looks as good as new! Anyway, they decided to glue it shut instead of stitches and I think she'll be fine. (In the meantime, I carted all 4 kids to the doctor, because I didn't have the friends' mom's cell number. So, right in the doctor's office while Tess was crying, lying on the exam table, their frantic mom called because she was in our driveway to pick up the kids but nobody was answering our door.) Crazy stuff!
But, all's well that ends well.
1 comment:
Oweee oweee!! I am so sorry Tess! I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment