I put Tess in a swimming class and she just finished up this past week. She went for two weeks, 4 days a week. (I guess 8 days is pretty typical for swimming lessons…I am a little surprised; I thought that they lasted longer than that…oh well!) Anyway, she had a blast. Her teacher was really cute with the kids; some of the other teachers just looked bored, like they wished they were anywhere but there. But Tess’s teacher was really fun and made the kids laugh a lot. I think she really did learn from her lessons—the main thing she learned is not to be so afraid of the water, which is great! We went water-skiing this past Tuesday and all she wanted to do, over and over, was jump out of the boat and swim around. Then, we also went to the aquatic center on Saturday and, again!, she just wanted to jump to us and swim back to the ledge, then jump and swim back, over and over again. I’m really glad that she’s feeling comfortable in the water. We also got Miles in the water both at the lake and at the swimming pool—so that’s real progress—he usually just screams until he’s back on dry land again.
Speaking of water-skiing, we went to Willard Bay on Tuesday and had the lake almost completely to ourselves. It was wonderful. My niece Bayli learned to ski and was thrilled to be able to do it. I, however, had a not-so-good experience on one run…I wiped out worse than I have in a very long time and I really jacked up my neck. For this whole past week my neck has been really sore; I hope I don’t wake up one morning with terrible whiplash, unable to move at all, like Bryan did last summer after a biking accident.
Also last week….I’m another year older. My birthday was last Monday and it was a very nice day. Tess and Bryan made and decorated my cake together. Man, I was just about to type “I can’t believe I’m 31.” Then I realized, holy crap! I’m 32! My, how time flies!
Also last week….I’m another year older. My birthday was last Monday and it was a very nice day. Tess and Bryan made and decorated my cake together. Man, I was just about to type “I can’t believe I’m 31.” Then I realized, holy crap! I’m 32! My, how time flies!
No comments:
Post a Comment