Monday, February 1, 2010

Conversation with a 4-year-old

For some reason Tess has started asking a lot about Millie, our dog that we had for only about 9 months, for which we found a new home in January 2008 when we decided that we're not really pet-people (at least while we have little kids). She hasn't been around for 2 years but Tess is really feeling nostalgic for her and wishing that we had her back. Anyway, we were talking about pets in general and she said she wants a pet. She came up with a great solution and said that our van could be our pet!
Me: Great!
Her: We need to give our pet van a name. How about Freckle?
Me: Sounds good. I like Freckle.
Her: It needs three names, like I'm Tess Kathy Terry.
Me: OK--you pick something.
Her: Freckle Van Terry.
Me: Sure.
Her: Mom, I really want a pet. (pause) That is NOT a van.

1 comment:

Jennie Moore said...

I have a couple you can borrow... ;)