Friday, February 26, 2010
Signs of Spring!
Today I went outside to do some weeding. I cannot believe how SO MANY weeds can grow and thrive all winter long. It felt so great to be outside, working on the yard for the first time this year. I actually really enjoy yardwork because it has immediate gratification. There's something really satisfying about yanking out a bunch of weeds by their roots and beautifying your home instantly. While on my hands and knees, I was met with the most beautiful sight. I have 4 fabulous little crocus flowers blooming in my flowerbeds, and the leaves of dozens more are popping up. I cannot wait to see the bulbs that I planted last Fall come up. That is one part of yardwork without the instant gratification...I planted over 100 bulbs last Fall, the first bulbs ever planted in this new yard, and then I just waited and crossed my fingers that they'd survive. I think that's why tulips are my favorite flower (and, really, crocus just look like mini-tulips!) They are the first signs of Spring and they bring with them the happy, happy thoughts of warmer, sunnier weather. Yahoo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That brightened my day too. We had to pull up our bulbs last fall when we put our weed barrier down. No spring flowers for us. I will have to enjoy yours.
The bulb planting was worth it! Beautiful! I can't even imagine how long it took to plant 100 bulbs. I planted about 20 and that took a long time! It was all worth it in the end.
I love bulbs. Low maitenance once they are planted. Gorgeous flowers every year.
I am jealous! I hope ours come up soon. I am worried because our yard doesnt get as much sunshine as yours does.
Post a Comment