Well, tonight after dinner, Bryan went outside to do something, and guess who had returned to pay our little family another visit. Yes, the spider from hell. I call him the "crap your pants spider." I saw him with my own eyes and then needed to change my pants. Holy mama, that thing was huge, hairy, and beyond CREEPY!! This time I was not about to let Bryan just shoo him outside. I offered to sacrifice one of my flip flops to the cause, but really--can you imagine the splat of spider goo that we would have had to clean up afterwards? So, instead Bryan decided that a good long shot of brake cleaner would do the trick. So, after drenching the poor fella, we took some more photos.
Tess's "show-n-tell" theme for the month of October is "something I found outside." Oh, yeah, she's taking that sucker to school on Wednesday.
Sweet dreams everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YUCK!! Did you kill it yet?? I swear that has to be the biggest spider I have seen outside of a ZOO!! I think you should totally put it in a jar with an alcohol swab and then keep it for your kids for their bug collection later on. :)
That is disgusting! I don't dare tell Travis about that guy. He really won't sleep tonight. I am sure Tess's class will love it!
I seriously will probably have nightmares about this tonight!
SO YA we can NEVER have girls night at your house again...at least not one I will feel comfortable in your basement!
that is as bad as the triantulas down here in az. Glad you killed that sucker.
I'm going to have to move!
Tess will be the talk of her class for sure!
Oh my heavens!!! THAT IS AWFUL!!!! I think I would cry and crap my pants!
Post a Comment