Monday, October 18, 2010

Scary Hill

We had such a great time on Saturday.  We went to Cherry Hill.  I love Cherry Hill.  I loved it when I was a little kid and we would camp there and eat cherries and swim in the pool and ride down the blue water slides (before they had any other water-rides) and play miniature golf.  (I still think they have the best mini-golf course there is!) 


I've been there once with my kids, to the water park, a few years ago, so this was basically all new to them.  We golfed (that was a riot...we usually just told the kids to roll their ball into the correct spot at each hole because using the putter was pretty complicated for them.) 
We went on a tractor ride.  The kids played in Hamster Haven play area, Tess & Bryan did the rock-climbing wall (Tess scrambled right up; she is so light that the harness practically pulled her up, and then once she reached the top she didn't weigh enough to get down...so Bryan had to go up and pull her down.)

Bryan & I did the batting cages.  I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by how well I did...anyone who knows me knows about my serious lack of any kind of athletic ability and/or coordination, so I was shocked when I hit almost every single ball!  (I did miss probably 4-5 of the 25 balls, but for me that is awesome!) 
  
We also went to a magic show by "Bobber the Clown." He called Tess up when he had his carrot-cutting-contraption. He would put 2 carrots through 2 holes and chop them with a big knife; then he put Tess's hand through another hole and chopped down; luckily her hand was not chopped off, but I could tell that she was pretty nervous.


(My stupid camera battery died right during the big moment, so I went back up afterwards to ask for another photo--so this one is staged, but you get the idea.  Just imagine Tess's face looking much more freaked out!)
Then he called Bryan up and took a $20 bill from him, wrote his initials on it, folded it in half, wrapped it in a little envelope and lit it on fire. Of course the $20 went poof! up in smoke....later in the trick he cut open a kiwi (which a lady in the audience had been holding during this whole time) and guess what was inside the kiwi? Well, the $20 bill, of course! It was pretty impressive.
It was a great day!

2 comments:

Jennie Moore said...

Fun fun fun. Sounds like a great time!

Arizona Manwarings said...

So much fun, my kids think that Cherry Hills is the best reason to go visit grandma.