Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shark Teeth, Smiles, Ducks, and Cake

I think I mentioned before that Tess has "shark teeth," with adult teeth growing in behind her baby teeth.  She has 2 on the bottom and when I asked the dentist about it he said that the grown-up teeth would probably push the others right out.  So far, one has.  Tess was eating chips with Miles in the backyard the other day and they came running in excitedly to tell me that her baby tooth fell out.  The remaining baby tooth is actually 2 teeth which have been fused together (another weird tooth anomoly that we discovered when Tess was two years old.)  So I assume they have to fall out together since they're fused, which may be tricky since there are 2 roots.  We'll see.  In the meantime, Bryan and I are already starting to save our pennies for orthodontia for all of our children... 
 Here's a photo of Bree on the butterfly (activity gym).  This has been one of the favorite toys for all our babies.  Bree is no exception.  She loves to lay on it and look at the toys.  This was the best photo I could get of one of her smiles.  They are so cute to see, but they are usually very quick, so it's hard to get a good picture.
 On Sunday afternoon we decided to take a few stale hot dog buns and feed the ducks at the pond.
 And finally, tonight I got to attend an activity to learn how to decorate cakes with fondant frosting. I've never used it and I've been intimidated by it; but I've really wanted to learn how to do it. Well, it WAS pretty tricky and somewhat frustrating at first, but after a little practice I felt like I sort of got the hang of it. I definitely would like to try it again!

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

McKenzie's bottom teeth grew in just like that & we also called them shark teeth.....which she didn't appreciate quite as much as I did. so crazy, huh??