Once again, here is a post of the whole year's worth of my sidebar "Kidisms"--things my kids say. Most are funny, some are very sweet, and each one is something that I never want to forget about my little kids.
January 2011
For a while now, Miles has been pronouncing "carry" as "care-you." I just recently realized that he probably does it because he's heard me say so many times, "do you want me to carry you?" So, now he'll say things like, "I need to care-you it." It's cute.
Miles' choice for the baby's name: Rock Star.
This morning Miles was asking about the flavors in his Froot Loops, by color. Tess was telling him that yellow is lemon, orange is orange, etc. When he asked what flavor green was she said "it must be pea, or maybe green pepper."
A few Tessisms: she really loves to watch the movie "The Spickable Me." (She has also called it "Inspicable Me.")
Today in the van she was writing something in her notebook and Miles was making an annoying sound. She said, "argh--when you do that noise I can't complicate!"
February 2011
Miles: "3-2-1...Blast on!"
Tonight on our way home we passed the Bountiful Temple. Tess pointed it out and we were talking about how pretty it is. Miles said, "when I'm 12, I can go there and get married to a princess."
When Miles motions for us to "come here" with his one bent index finger, he always holds his hand and finger upside down, so it kind of looks like a funny one-finger-wave. (Hard to describe, but it's cute and I want to remember it.)
Bryan read a book called "America the Beautiful" to the kids...when he asked Tess if she knew the name of the Statue of Liberty, she said "American Idol?"
March 2011
Miles, while riding in the van and listening to a CD: "This song is not silly. This song rocks. It rocks the beat. Rock on, dude."
The other day, totally out of the blue, Miles said, "Mom, I know what the SUN is...but what is a BEAM??"
Miles' favorite superheroes are SpiderMan and EnoMan. What? You've never heard of EnoMan? He's IronMan, according to Miles.
April 2011
Yesterday (Easter) I took Miles to the bathroom to make sure he would potty. After a minute I said, "did the pee-pee come?" to which he replied, "Yes! Easter pee-pee!"
How's this for disturbing? I overheard Tess playing and she said, "pretend that our Mom died...but we got her cell phone, so that's OK." (And I don't even have a cool cell phone--yikes!)
Miles, at naptime, told me "I want my blankie spread-outed."
July 2011
While listening to "Thriller" (by Michael Jackson, of course), Miles said, "why'd he say 'ow!' Did he hurt something on his body?"
Out of the blue, Miles said, "Mama, you should give me loves and smooches every day. Then I will stay little." (OH, how that melted my heart! I adore that boy.)
Tonight we had "zalagna" for dinner. (Miles)
Miles has a hard time saying "wasp." Did you know we have a "wopps nest" outside?
Miles said "I smell something weird. It smells like bugs...on top of a cookie." ???
Tess was bugging Miles, so Miles said "Knock it ... down!" (pause...pause....) "Knock it out! Tess, knock it out!" (I wonder when he'll figure out that it's supposed to be "knock it off!")
August 2011
We have a cute stray cat at our house and Tess said,
"Oh, I hope she lays kittens!"
September 2011
More Miles-isms: Pixy Stix are "pisky sticks." Color is "ka-woo."
Miles: "Bree is such a little cutie pie. She's also a cutie cake."
We saw a woman today who had one leg amputated just below the knee. Miles said "Mom! That lady is in a wheelchair, so her leg is broken.... But mom! I can't SEE her foot! How come I can't SEE it??"
Miles was looking at a book of construction vehicles and on the page with the roller he said, "look! Here's a smasher...I mean a flatter."
Neighbor kid to Tess:"That's not how you do it...Der!"
Tess: "Hellooo...it's pronounced DUH!"
November 2011
Miles calls car bumpers "hitters." On his toy cars, he'll point out "hitters" that are interesting.
December 2011
Miles: "Mom, do you actually HOP when you're in the shower?"
Friday, December 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment