Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Bryan!

Bryan turned 32 on Sunday.  I tease him about his age and call him "old," but he knows that my teasing can't really hold water since I'm 2 years older than him.  He never lets me forget it either, so I have to tease him when I can. 

For his birthday he got a new rifle.  He's been out shooting it a few times, but with all the new snow, it's harder to go outside for shooting.  So I took him to a shooting range for his birthday.  He was able to shoot his rifle (which was deafening inside the small shooting range!), and then we also shot a pistol.  I've never shot a handgun before and I must admit that I didn't really like it very much.  I had no idea that a handgun would have a "kickback" like a rifle does.  Except with a rifle you feel the kickback in your shoulder, which isn't too enjoyable, but at least I expect it.  With the handgun I was shocked to feel my whole hand/wrist/arm fling upward each time I fired.  I must not be strong enough to hold it still or something.  It's not the same as it looks on all those TV cop shows!  Anyway, it was a fun day.  Happy Birthday to you, Bryan!  I love you!!



No comments: