I participated in Relay for Life this year. The last time I did it was in 2000, the year after my mom died. It was very emotional then, and I was pretty emotional at times this year as well. I certainly had a few tears, but we also had fun too. Here is a picture of our group... (one of the fundraiser booths was selling funny bras that were crazily decorated, so that's what my niece Emma and her friend are wearing on top of their shirts!)
They had all sorts of activities going on, all evening and even through the night. Here I am attempting Zumba for the first time... (it's pretty fun, but I sure felt uncoordinated!)As they lit all the luminarias, they had a special program with poems and songs and then everybody added a glow stick to a big huge luminaria. We walked around the track and saw the bags for all the cancer survivors and victims. (And really, when you think about it, everyone who has cancer is a victim, whether they survive or not, right?) It was pretty depressing, to be quite honest with you...
Cancer sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment