Monday, August 6, 2012

Wicked-Lagoon Day-Cherry Hill

We had a busy, but really fun, weekend!  First Bryan took me to see "Wicked" on Thursday night for my birthday.  He doesn't really enjoy seeing plays at all, but he especially dislikes musicals.  When he bought the tickets, he didn't know anything about Wicked, other than the fact that I wanted to see it.  He found out that it was a musical the day before we went and he wasn't super thrilled, but he ended up (somewhat) enjoying it, and I LOVED it!

Friday we went to ES3's Lagoon Day.  We decided to get a babysitter for Bree this year.  (Because she was still nursing last year, I spent a lot of my day holding her and waiting for Bryan to ride all the rides with Tess & Miles.)  She's still too little to ride even the smallest kiddie rides, so we thought it would be best to leave her home.  We had a great time!



 Tess always asks for cotton candy, and we're too cheap to buy any of the super-overpriced food at Lagoon, so we always say no.  Tess begged and said that she had never even tasted cotton candy in her life, and I decided that, super-overpriced or not, that is just a travesty to be seven-years-old and to never have even TASTED cotton candy!  What terrible parents we are!  So we bought a bag and she was SO excited.  Here she is having her first taste of cotton candy...
Bryan doesn't really care for it, but here he is having a taste...
 I like it OK, every 10 years or so...

 Miles was really excited to try it, especially after all the hype from Tess.  But he hated it and said, "it tastes like there are chunks of sand in my mouth!"  When I asked him to at least take another taste so that I could take a picture, this is what I got:

Saturday we went to a Jensen family reunion at Cherry Hill.  We played at the waterpark and went miniature golfing that night before camping over and playing in the pool in the morning.  We also decided to make some more of the silly duct-tape headbands.  Here are Miles and Tess making silly faces with their cute cousins Brooklyn and Aiden.

 This is what I saw after we got home on Sunday...  ha!

No comments: