Sunday, January 5, 2014

Great-Grampa Terry

Bryan's grampa, William Adair Terry, passed away on his 94th birthday, on New Year's Day.  He was always a character, full of funny sayings and ready to talk your ear off (in a good way!)  He had great stories and he was always so friendly to everyone.  He played the harmonica every time I saw him; he had over 200 songs memorized (he could not read sheet music, so he just learned by ear and memorized the songs.)  He and his wife, who passed away a year ago, have nearly 150 people in their posterity--pretty amazing!  At the funeral, I loved hearing about how talented he was at fixing things or building things.  I know for sure that my father-in-law Russ learned it all from him, and how grateful I am that Bryan was able to learn those same things from Russ!  It's a great legacy of hard work and ingenuity.
(This picture was taken in March 2007, when Tess was almost 2.)

No comments: