Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lagoon 2014

Bryan's work Lagoon Day was in June this year, which was so great.  It's usually in August and it's much hotter then.  I was actually really worried yesterday morning when the rain started pouring down, but luckily it cleared up by the time we headed over to Lagoon.  Miles and Tess were thrilled that they were both finally tall enough to ride The Rocket.  That is my favorite ride there (it's pretty similar to Tower of Terror at Disneyland, which is my favorite ride there.  I must love the quick-drop-and-feel-your-stomach-up-in-your-throat-feeling!)
 The dang Sky Ride was my scariest ride this year, and let me tell ya why...it's because dang Bree will not sit back and it scares the pants off me!  I was worried the whole time that she'd slip right below the bar and out onto the ground.  And she wouldn't let us hold her either.  So we had to sneakily grab onto the back of her shirt and shorts while we rode.

 We rode the Rattlesnake Rapids right before we were going to head over to dinner with Bryan's workmates, so we really didn't want to get soaked.  We decided to pull out the rain ponchos.  They worked pretty well, although some water somehow still sneaked under my poncho and onto my backside.  So I had the pee-pants look all during dinner.  :/
 Bree is no stranger to the camera, but she is really starting to ham it up!  Instead of just smiling sweetly...
 ...she's decided it's more fun to do crazy faces!
 Bryan's favorite ride is the giant Ferris Wheel.  He loves it up there.  He took Bree on that as I took Miles & Tess on the Rocket.  Coincidentally he happened to be right at the top of the Ferris Wheel as we were at the top of the Rocket, ready to drop.  So he took our picture from straight across.  Kinda cool!

No comments: