Bree turned three yesterday! It was a fun day. We had been telling her for a while that her birthday was coming up and she was pretty excited. So when she walked out of her bedroom I said "Bree! You're three!" She kind of threw her head back and whined "noooooo! I wanna still be twwwwooooo!" (She takes a little while to wake up in the morning, like her mom.) But she soon got used to the idea and she's now excited to be three.
We went swimming at the aquatic center and she wanted to go down the big waterslide. When we got to the top, she literally stopped, started walking backwards away from the water, shaking her head, and said, "uh, no, no, no, no, no... I'm not going down that!" She was funny. But I coaxed her down with me and she loved it.
Then we had grandparents up for dinner and cake & ice cream. She's been asking for a castle cake since February, so I gave it a try. I'll tell you what, my cake didn't even look close to the ones on the box, but luckily my critic was a happy 3 year old who loved it nonetheless.
Bree is really into pretend play. She loves all dolls and Barbies and Polly Pockets and princesses and on and on. She loves to play house, and store, and doctor, and dress-up, etc. She got a new dollhouse with furniture, a new beautiful princess dress-up dress, and lots of little dolls too. She also got a new big-girl bed and new big-girl undies (which is another story for another day...I'll just say that potty training is the pits. Whoever invented pull-ups is my hero.)
I tried to interview Bree for her birthday and some of the answers were pretty silly, but cute. What do you expect from a three-year-old? Here goes:
What's your favorite thing to play? Cupcakes (she has a cute pan of cupcakes that is like a puzzle with different colored/different shaped frosting)
What's your favorite friend? Elmo
What's your favorite show? Team UmiZoomiWhat's your favorite breakfast? Cereal
What's your favorite lunch? Paper (???)
What's your favorite dinner? Cupcakes
What's your favorite toy? Scissors (Then I asked again and she said Kitties.)
What do you want to be when you grow up? A witch
What do you want to be for Halloween? A monkey
What's your favorite song? Happy Birthday to You
What do you like to do with Dad? Play with Dad
What do you like to do with Mom? Read books
What do you like to do with Tess? Play Barbies
What do you like to do with Miles? Play Legos
What do you like to do in Nursery? Read books all by myself
Oh Bree, we love you so much! You light up our lives. You are a charmer and you win the heart of everyone you meet. You are kind and funny and you are a wonderful caboose to our bamatamb fam. Happy Birthday Bree Bree!


.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment