Our sweet Mr. Miles's birthday was yesterday! His "magic birthday"-- 7 years old on the 7th! Since it was a Sunday we did most of our celebrating on Saturday. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said he wanted the snow monster from Frozen. Uuhhhhh. Nope, not gonna happen! I like making shaped cakes usually, but they are always very simple and basic and I knew that the snow monster was waaaayyyy beyond my very limited abilities. So when I asked for another idea, he said a potion bottle (he's been reading Harry Potter, so I guess that's where he got the idea.) I suggested we just do a flat cake and then HE could help decorate it! (No, this wasn't me totally copping out on decorating, nuh-uh...this was me letting my son be creative, yeah!) Anyway, I just drew a simple potion bottle (which actually looks more like a chemistry beaker, but it was the shape he said he wanted) and let him and Tess go to town with the piping bags. I offered to make multiple colors of frosting, but he just wanted one. They had fun at least!
This silly kid is nothing if not exuberant! Whatever his emotion is at the moment seems to be multiplied several times over! (Anger is rage, sadness is devastation, happiness is euphoria, etc.) Here he is opening his present from Papa and feeling pretty excited about his new light saber.
We invited his buddy Burke to come with us to the Classic Fun Center. They played at the Pirate's Cove, the bouncy houses, the skating rink (riding scooters), mini bowling, and arcade games. It was a lot of fun!
Sunday morning he opened gifts from us. Here he is checking out his new Wall Track.
Our funny kids change into jammies the minute church gets over, even if it's over at 12:00 noon. (I can't blame them; I immediately change into sweats myself!) So when G&G T came to visit, he was already sporting the jams. He loves his Nerf bow & arrow.
Here's Miles's birthday interview (along with some pics that make me nostalgic for my baby boy!)
He is currently 58 lbs. and 4 feet, 2.5 inches tall.
What is a happy memory you have? When I was doing the Tomato Days thing, the Bungee Cord.
What is one word to describe you? Crazy.
Why do you like being a kid? Because kids are crazy and they have fun.
What do you like to do for fun? Play tetherball.
What's your favorite thing to do with your friends? Play "the warning game." There's warnings and you read them. Example: "Warning! There are lots of ghosts and zombies down here! Are you sure you want to go?" And then you go and defeat them.
What's your favorite thing to do with your family? Play baseball with them.
What's the nicest thing you did for someone? I made my sisters' beds.
What's your favorite song? I like lots of songs.
What's your favorite color? Green.
What's your favorite movie? Mr. Peabody and Sherman and Despicable Me 2.
What's your favorite book? Geronimo Stilton.
What's your favorite TV show? Chima.
What's your favorite food? Ham & cheese soup.
What's your favorite dessert? cake with ice cream.
Who's your best friend? Burke.
What's a talent of yours? I can hit the tetherball over the pole.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Spaceman.
What's the best thing about being 7? I get to do more stuff, like I get to go to school some more.
Oh, we are grateful to have Miles in our family! What a great kid he is! Quick to mind us and usually eager to help out, we don't know what we'd do without him. He has his moments of fighting with his sisters, but man, he can also play so nicely with each of them! We are continually impressed by his sharp sharp mind. His memory is fantastic! I also LOVE hearing him as he's learning Spanish and his accent is so good!
We love you Mr. Miles!!!









.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Happy, happy birthday Miles. You are so smart! My kids love Geronimo Stilton too.
Post a Comment