Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy 8th Birthday to Miles!

Miles is the birthday boy!  Happy 8th buddy!  

He decided on Cosmic Bowling for his birthday activity and he chose to invite Ivan to come along.  Ivan has been in Miles's school class for 1st and 2nd grade and they've become close friends.  We told the kids to wear their brightest, most fluorescent shirts to glow in the lights and it was lots of fun.  

One of Miles's favorite presents this year was a pair of Rollerblades.  It's always a little risky giving him outside items for his December birthday, but luckily this year he could use them outside for a while before we got any snow.  He is doing great on them!  (I think having the "Heely" shoes really helps prepare the kids to learn how to skate/blade.)

Miles chose a Mario birthday cake.  I have tried to do the cake-decorating method call Frozen Buttercream Transfer twice before (once for Tess and once for Miles) and I've never had it work very well...I swore I would never try it again.  But when Miles requested Mario, I knew I could not draw or sculpt Mario to save my life so I tried the FBT method one more time.  I watched YouTube videos to prepare and found one lady who does it differently and, guess what?  It worked this time!  It's not perfect, but better than I hoped for, so I'll take it! :)

(This picture just makes me smile and warms my mama-heart.  I love this boy!)

Here is Miles's birthday interview, and a trip down memory lane in pictures...

Miles is 4’5” feet tall.


 What is a happy memory you have?  Going to Yellowstone.  I liked the Grand Geyser.
What is one word to describe you?  Awesome!

Why do you like being a kid?  I don’t know.  I don’t really like being a kid.          (What??  Crazy kid!  I wish I could be a kid again sometimes!)

What do you like to do for fun?  I like to play Skylanders, play with friends, Roller Blade, Heely, play with my family.

What's your favorite thing to do with your friends?  Play video games, write with chalk, jump on the tramp, have popsicles, play tetherball.
What's your favorite thing to do with your family?  Pizza Picnics, watching Star Wars, going to pools, going on vacations, playing outside.


What's the nicest thing you did for someone?   I’ve made Tess’s bed. 
What's your favorite song?  Dangerous by Big Data. 

What's your favorite color?  Green.

What's your favorite movie?  I have a lot of them. National Treasure, Star Wars, Despicable Me.



What's your favorite book?  FableHaven, Roald Dahl.
What's your favorite TV show?  Pokemon.


What's your favorite food?  Pizza, Rice & Meatballs, and Chicken Katsu. 
What's your favorite dessert?   Pie, cake, Swiss Rolls, and Twinkies.


Who's your best friend?  Ivan, Burke, and Spencer.
What's a talent of yours?  Tetherball and video games. 


What do you want to be when you grow up?  An astronaut.
What's the best thing about being 8?  I get to be baptized.

We are also so excited for Miles to get baptized, coming up in January.  We sure love Miles!  He's a good friend.  He loves to make people laugh and he's developed quite a sense of humor to crack up his 2nd-grade cohorts (to his teachers' chagrin...).  He's a great brother and helper to his sisters, and to his parents.  I can always count on him to help me or Bryan out with a project.  Happy birthday Miles!



No comments: