Bryan is awesome. Sometimes I get little bees in my bonnet and I want to change or update things around our house or yard. (Like last weekend I was just so dang sick of our huge unruly butterfly bush that I dug the stupid thing right up! And cracked a little hole in our flower-bed sprinkler soaker hose. When Bryan was out of town. Oops.)
Anyway, I would love new carpet in our upstairs. The stuff that it was built with is not great, and after living here almost 8 years, it's super worn and dirty in a few areas. However new carpet is a big expensive project, so I compromised and suggested just re-doing the floor in a few heavy traffic areas. We were lucky enough to have a partial box leftover of our laminate from the kitchen and main hallway upstairs. Bryan said there would be no way that I'd be able to match it, but--Eureka!--it was not a problem at all! Apparently this size/style/color of wood is popular enough that they still make it. :)
Here is the "during" shot. The doorway in the left of the picture goes to the laundry room and out to the garage, while the bottom of the picture shows where the existing wood is in the kitchen. We just needed to do that little triangle (and inside our coat closet.)
One thing I love about my hubby is that he does little hidden, romantic gestures any time we build/renovate/finish basements, etc. In newly poured concrete of bathroom floors, on 2x4s behind sheetrock walls, and now on plywood sheets under new wood flooring, he leaves these sweet little love notes. (They have been left in every house we've lived in. Probably never to be seen by anyone, but I know they're there and it makes me smile.)
...Almost done! (Not to toot my own horn, but I do try to help as well. This time my job was pulling off baseboards, ripping up tack strip, and, after the flooring was done, re-nailing baseboards, along with puttying, painting and caulking baseboards.)
Here's that same spot from the other side. Finished product. Parker approves.
We did one other spot as well--the little hallway by our front entry. This small hallway connects Bree's and Miles's room.
I'm so thankful for my handy, handy husband!





No comments:
Post a Comment