Friday, October 7, 2016

Fun Run 2016

Fun Run 2016 was a success!  Wahoo!  

When we did it last year in May, I fretted and stewed about it from about December to May.  I was regularly losing sleep and worrying about it being a giant flop.  We had never done anything like this before and it was our biggest PTA fundraiser of the year, so I was s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d out!  Then, when it finally came, the day was rainy with thunder and lightning so that added another layer of stress on me.  Boy was I glad when it was over!

This year, however, has been another story entirely!  First of all, we did it in October, much less time to worry and stew.  We had done it once before and the students and parents had loved it so I wasn't worried about that part either!  I had an amazing Fun Run chairman who was super enthusiastic and on the ball (my chairman last year was fabulous as well, but it's just always nice to have wonderful help!)  And the weather was beautiful--what more could I ask for!

Here's cute Miles, rocking the sunglasses and headband.
During most of the runs (we had 5 different runs throughout the day), I was marking laps on the backs of shirts.  Bryan caught me marking Miles's shirt here.

There's one part in the music where they tell the students to freeze and go take a selfie with their parents.  I was glad Bryan was there to cheer our kiddos on!

And it was wonderful to have Gramma and Grampa Terry there to cheer too!  We are so glad they live close enough to attend these fun things!

6th Grade and Kindergarten ran at the same time (2 different tracks), so that was lucky to see both girls at once.  Here's cute Tess.
She carried her class flag for part of the time...


And little Miss Bree, also rocking the sunglasses.  She ran her heart out!  (I'll be honest, I didn't know how she would do, stamina wise.  She's the least active of our kids.  She loves to sit and do all sorts of fun crafts or play house, those kinds of things; while the other 2 kids are more bounce-off-the-walls type of kids.)  But she did fantastic!  All 3 kids ran well over the 35 laps (the goal for every kid in school was 30-35 laps around the track.)




Whew, I'm happy to be done!  (And I'm not going to lie...now that this biggest-event-of-the-year is done for PTA, I'm beginning to feel a little bit trunky.  I am excited to pass the job onto someone else next year.  Now the only problem is finding a person crazy enough to say yes..... hmmmm.)

No comments: