Yesterday after church we carved our Jack-O-Lanterns for the year. Bryan is usually very generous and scoops out all the guts and seeds for the kids, but this year I told him not to. That's such a big part of the experience--feeling the cold slimy guts! They thought it was gross, but I think it's important to get the full experience. Ha!
Today the kids got to wear their costumes to school for the school parade. There was some debate as to whether they'd do it this year or not since Halloween fell on a Monday. Our principal said her original policy was only to do it if it fell on a Friday so it wouldn't disrupt the school day too much. But in the end, they got to do it and everyone enjoyed it. After the parade I helped in Bree's class for the party (with both Kindergarten classes all at once; 44 kiddos all in costumes & on a sugar rush=fun chaos!) Miles & Tess did not have parties in their classes...
Here are the kids in their costumes:







No comments:
Post a Comment