Sunday, June 25, 2017

Happy 12th Birthday to Tess!

Our lovely Miss Tess is 12!  That's a pretty big deal...lots of changes, going to Junior High, Young Women at church, babysitting neighbor kids for the first time, etc!  She is such a sweetheart!

For her birthday activity, she chose to go to Lagoon and Lagoon-a-Beach with her friend Benttlee.  We all had a great time!  Usually we don't do Lagoon-a-Beach, so it was fun to do something different.  After the water was just too cold to handle anymore (it's very cold!), we dried off and rode some rides.  Here they are on one of the new kid rides Ruka Safari...
...and getting ready to ride Wild Mouse.  I detest that ride.  I hate it so much.  I really really feel like I'm going to fly right off that track.  (Which I know is exactly the point, but I just cannot stand it!)  I won't ride it again!
I caught this darling picture of Tess & Benttlee walking arm in arm checking out the new Terror Ride (which we still haven't been on...the line is always too long.)  Benttlee is a great friend to Tess--they just kind of "clicked" during the last few months of 6th grade, although they were in the same class all year.  I am so glad they are buddies!
Like Bree, Tess also wanted to decorate her own cake.  She knew exactly what she wanted--a yellow cake, with raspberry jam filling, and fresh raspberries on top.  It was super yummy!
She made the raspberries look like flowers.  Great idea Tess!
Unfortunately Bryan was out of town during the birthday celebrations, so we did a video chat with him while she opened presents.
(You can always count on Miles to add some entertaining photobombs.)


Here's Tess’s birthday interview:

What is a happy memory you have?  Dad & I were making a snowman, and it had a huge snowball, taller than my head, and I couldn't push it.  

What is one word to describe you?  Creative.

Why do you like being a kid?  Because I don't have to go to work every day, and I don't have to worry about buying food for everyone.

What do you like to do for fun?  Create stuff.  Like DIY stuff.  I also like tumbling and active stuff.  

What's your favorite thing to do with your friends?  I like doing a lot of things.

What's your favorite thing to do with your family?  I like going out to dinner and doing Classic Fun Center, or a family Rollerblade/bike trip.

What's the nicest thing you did for someone?   On Mother's Day how we always make you breakfast in bed, and make a little thing for you.

What's your favorite song?  "Something Like This" by ColdPlay.

What's your favorite color?  Teal.

What's your favorite movie?   "National Treasure."  I like a lot of stuff.

What's your favorite book?  Fablehaven.

What's your favorite TV show?  Jesse.  

What's your favorite food?  BLTs or French Dip Sandwich.

What's your favorite dessert?  Fruit Pizza.

Who's one of your best friends?  Lauren.

What's a talent of yours?   Piano, and making stuff (like DIY).

What do you want to be when you grow up?  An astronomer.

What's the best thing about being 12?  I get to go to Young Women.  And I get to sit up front in the car.

Happy birthday Sweet Tess!   How lucky we are to have you!  You are so responsible and you are becoming so mature.  You are bright and curious and filled with creativity.  You have your father's "knack" with mechanical things too!  We see nothing but bright things in your future, sweet girl!  We love you!

No comments: