I cannot believe our Bree-toe is six years old! As the youngest I know we spoil her. It just cannot be helped. She is a joy! It's so easy to spoil her when she is so dang sweet (almost) all the time!
For her cake she just really wanted to decorate it herself. Her little friend Evie was playing at our house and so I gave them both a piping bag and they went to town. They wanted flowers. I drew the petals and then they colored them in and added stems. They also added grass around the bottom. They had a great time and the cake turned out cute.
Tess helped do the words "Bree" and "6".
For her birthday activity she chose to go to the Classic Fun Center. She brought her friend Matea and they played arcade games, rode scooters, bounced in the bounce houses, and climbed all over Pirate's Cove.
Bryan decided to see if he could ride two scooters like roller blades and did surprisingly well. I guess it's actually not surprising because he's good at whatever he tries! I knew he would do just great and of course he did.
Bree's choice of restaurant was McDonald's because she loves the playland. Sounds good to me.
Matea got her this cute dress and she wears it all the time. Fun friends!
Today after church we had visits from grandparents. Here is Bree with her last remaining great-grandparent, sweet Gramma J. Bree was excited about her new remote control car...
...and lego set.
After opening some presents and playing around a bit, we went outside to have some dinner. Suddenly we realized that Bree was not with us at the table. I went inside and found her curled up in a teeny ball in the corner of the couch asleep. That really surprised me, so I felt her forehead and she was burning up. Poor thing was sick on her birthday! So she got some medicine and napped in her bed while we ate. She came out later for birthday cake (we cut a slice just for her, and then put the candles in it. We didn't want her sicky germs all over the whole cake!)
Our kids are so lucky to have amazing grandparents! Here they are with Papa, Gramma J, and Charlotte......and here they are with Gramma & Grampa Terry.
The next day Bree was still feeling pretty sick, but when she felt better she sat at the table and worked on her new Lego set for hours. It was a nice calm activity for her.
She and Tess also made a sweet scrapbook together using new birthday stamps and stationery.
The annual birthday interview:
What is a happy memory you have? Well, it's probably something in school.... Well, when I think of the last time I went to Lagoon.
What is one word to describe you? Always happy!
Why do you like being a kid? Because I am more active.
What do you like to do for fun? I like to do crafts.
What's your favorite thing to do with your friends? Play "pirates" outside.
What's your favorite thing to do with your family? I like to have Family Home Evening.
What's the nicest thing you did for someone? Once I cleaned my sister's room a little bit. Just a little bit.
What's your favorite song? Red Lips & Rosy Cheeks.
What's your favorite color? Light green, pink, purple.
What's your favorite movie? Jasmine.
What's your favorite book? That is a really hard one! Blue Hat, Green Hat.
What's your favorite TV show? Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.
What's your favorite food? Mac & Cheese and hot dogs.
What's your favorite dessert? Brownies.
Who's your best friend? Ali.
What's a talent of yours? Crafts!
What do you want to be when you grow up? Mostly an artist.
What's the best thing about being 6? When you first turn 6 it feels like you're older than everyone.


No comments:
Post a Comment