Friday, October 13, 2017

Environmental Center Field Trip

I really enjoy going on field trips with the kids.  In all my years of Freedom Elementary field trips (14 years if you count all 3 kids' grades so far), they go to the Environmental Center each year and I have not yet ever had a chance to go on that day!  No matter what, when one of my kids goes there, I have something else scheduled that day and I can't go with them.  But this year, finally, I was able to go with Miles and his class!  It is a really fun place to go!

First, on our way up to the center (about a 1/2 mile hike) we saw a mama moose with her baby.  That was really cool.
My little group to look after was only 3 kids: Miles, his buddy Brigham, and his buddy Henry.

Our first rotation was frisbee golf.  Here's a great shot by Miles:

Our second rotation was archery.  Miles and I both really like archery!  There's something so satisfying about hearing that "thwunk" of the arrow hitting the target.  (And I love that there is no kick-back like there is with a gun--that part always scares me so bad when we shoot guns!)
After all the kids got turns, they let the parents go too. Here we are with our targets...
Our last rotation was Geocaching but we were running around so fast trying to find all 6 geocaches that I forgot to take any pictures.  It was a great day.

No comments: