Friday, October 27, 2017

Search & Rescue Field Trip

Another field trip with Miles, but this time with the Cub Scouts.  I took our Bear Den to the Farmington Search and Rescue facility.  A woman in our ward works for them and so she showed us around.  The boys thought it was awesome.  First off, they got to see the big SWAT vehicle (it just happens to be parked in their same building; they don't actually use this for S&R stuff.)
This is the dive gear for any water rescues/recoveries.
This Humvee is used as an off-road ambulance of sorts. 
Each boy took turns pretending to be the victim/patient.
This is the mobile stretcher that they can carry in.  It folds up and the wheel detaches so they can carry it up the mountain or wherever they need to be, then they assemble it there.  It can maneuver easier on trails with one big wheel than it can with four legs on wheels.
It was a cool field trip (and my last one since I just got released from scouts.  I was a little bit sad, but Miles is moving on to Webelos in December anyway, so maybe it's a good time for something new.  My new calling is ward organist, which I'm really looking forward to!)

No comments: