Thursday, September 10, 2009

Millions of peaches, peaches for me...

Yesterday was the day that happens a few times each summer, where I think in the morning "I am so excited to can today!" and in the evening I think "I never want to can anything again." But, then I wake up the next day and see the fruits of my labors and I feel pretty happy/proud/domestic/provident. My friend offered me free peaches from her parents' tree and we canned them together yesterday. At the end of the day, my kitchen was an absolute disaster, but now we have 40 quarts of peaches that we can eat during the upcoming year. It's great! (Plus, I feel so lucky that I had the space to MAKE that mess; in my old kitchen we wouldn't have had the room to make the mess!) And, of course, no self-respecting blogger-who-also-cans would post about canning without sharing the obligatory photos.
I can taste the peach cobbler already!
Also-I just picked a whole bunch of plums (from the same generous friend and her generous parents again!)....let the fun begin again.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Very pretty. We're doing some on Saturday. Wanna come and help? I'm sure you have a few more quarts left in you.