Sunday, September 27, 2009

New (to us)...

We have been casually looking for a new kitchen table since we moved to this house. We didn't really like the look of our old table (white, with medium oak top; very "country kitchen") in our new kitchen (dark brown cabinets and floors with black accents; much more "contemporary"). So we have been looking and found one that we really liked on KSL on Friday; Saturday morning we brought it home. It is counter height with dark wood. It looks so much better in our kitchen, and it's a little bit bigger than our old table too (can seat up to 8 people).

I really love it, although I have to admit that I have to get used to the taller chairs...when we first sat down to eat lunch at it yesterday, Bryan & I both looked at each other and said, "I can't get my chair to scoot in..." Then, after lunch we both couldn't scoot OUT! So, there's a little learning curve to scoot in and out when your feet don't touch the ground, but I think we've got it figured out now!


A few friends have asked for pictures of our house and I haven't done it yet because our yard was just dirt for so long; but here are finally some photos of the house and yard. (In the backyard you'll see our newly "walled around" garden area; Bryan just put that little garden wall in on Friday. We didn't have a garden this year, so you can see where the grass grew into the garden area, but we'll be all ready to go next year!)

4 comments:

Arizona Manwarings said...

ohh I love your table, Brian and I are so bad we really need a bigger table, but can never agree on one.

Jennie Moore said...

Michonne, Your house and yard are beautiful. I love the new table!!! Its super cool. I may have to come try it out. I love my counterheight table. Its the best. I love your yard too. It looks great!

Doug and Leslie Webb said...

Love the new table it looks really good. The yard looks great! So I will need to come and see it ;) and maybe see someone else too :) Call you soon!

Arin and Troy said...

The new table looks great in the kitchen!