Monday, August 23, 2010

Blacksmith Fork Canyon 2010

This weekend was our annual trip up Blacksmith Fork Canyon. We LOVE camping there! There are lots of really good spots, where you're close to the river but not too close to the road or to other campers. Bryan & I used to camp there in our tent several times a summer when we lived in Cache Valley and we continue to go at least once a year now. Here's a summary of our weekend in photos:

 Our beautiful spot by the river.
Miles spent his time doing, what else?  Oh yeah, throwing rocks in the river! 
 He only wanted BIG rocks (about the size of our fists), so we actually waded in 2 or 3 times and pulled out the rocks so that he could throw them back in again...
Here's a photo of the river right before we came home, with the addition of several hundred rocks.  Remember that he threw in this many 2 or 3 times over! 
Tess spent her time playing with worms.  This one is Jack.  He met his untimely demise when she left him in the sun while we took a 4-wheeler ride.  It was pretty hilarious (but sad too) when we came back and she picked up poor Jack and he was stiff as a board.  She held him up and it looked just like she was holding up a stick.  She was very bummed, but she found 2 more worms to play with, Jack & Jill, and we were sure to put them under a rock in the shade when we left.
Bryan spent his time trying to get this P.O.S. chain saw to work.  (I spent that time laughing at him.  I mean "with" him.  Heh.) 
Here we are where Left Hand Fork in Blacksmith Fork Canyon meets Right Hand Fork in Logan Canyon.  Ahhh......Cache Valley, how I love you!  (Bryan & I have decided that we are going to retire up there someday.  We'll be the old farts that the college students can't stand to drive behind.) 
Gray Cliff Spring 

(These next photos are just kind of funny...On the first day we put Miles' long pants on him and I mentioned that they were getting too short for him, just at the same time that Bryan mentioned that they were kind of riding low on him....  Hmmm, I wonder if it's time to put these pants in the "too small" bin?)
 
We had a perfect weekend.

No comments: