Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love Summer!!!

Last Monday we went water-skiing with Papa at Willard Bay and had a wonderful time, as usual.  Then we sent the kids home with Papa, because I had Young Women "Girls' Camp" from Tuesday-Friday.  It was such a blast.  We did silly skits, played crazy games, ate tons of yummy food, made crafts, stayed up late every night, strengthened friendships, went on a beautiful hike, enjoyed terrific speakers, learned a lot about first-aid, and just generally had a fantastic week together.  The girls in our ward were super--they helped out without complaining and got along really well--I am so lucky to be able to spend time with these amazing young women.
Then, Friday afternoon, after a quick shower and re-packing, we headed out for our Jensen family reunion at Wasatch State Park.  It was lots of fun as well.  Swimming, motorcycle/4-wheeler rides, campfires, star-gazing, card games, and more yummy food made a great weekend.

I had about 10 loads of laundry to do when I got home, and I probably gained 10 pounds, but it's all worth it!  I love summer!

No comments: