Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inspiring...

We got a new (to us, of course) 4-wheeler a few weeks ago.  We took it out for our maiden voyage as a family last night.  Bryan took Miles on the motorcycle and I took Tess on the 4-wheeler.  We had such a great time!  We drove up to Mantua and then rode the trail up to Inspiration Point.  On the way up, we stopped to enjoy the view looking southeast, over the Liberty/Eden/Huntsville area.
From the very top, you can look northeast into Cache Valley, northwest into Tremonton and Brigham City, directly west down on Willard Bay and the Great Salt Lake, and then southwest into all of Weber and Davis Counties.  It was just beautiful!  We were over 9300 feet in elevation and it was really cool. 

After we drove back to Mantua we roasted hot dogs and S'mores, and then it started to rain pretty hard.  Just as we got all packed up, the rain stopped and the most incredible rainbow showed up in the east.  I have never seen a rainbow as big, with colors so intense as this.  Bryan even said it was probably the prettiest rainbow he had ever seen, and he lived in Hawaii--the land of daily rainbows-- for two years!  I said that it was gorgeous, and Miles quickly picked up on that word; he kept repeating, "that the gorgeous rainbow I seen!"  I tried to take a picture of the whole thing, but it was so big that I couldn't back up far enough to get all of it!  As usual, it was much brighter and more intense in real life than the picture, but you get the idea.
I love living in Utah! 

(Also, if you'd like a laugh and you haven't already seen it, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI.  "What does it mean??!") 

No comments: