Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bags on Heads

Oh, Miles makes me laugh.  Conversations with him are usually pretty funny.  Whenever we go grocery shopping I let him get one of the free kids' cookies from the bakery.  It helps keep him happy and occupied while I shop.  Today after loading the groceries in the van, I got in and Miles said, "Mom, why do they have bags on their heads?"  (I pause, while I'm trying to figure out what the heck he's talking about....finally, lightbulb!...) "Oh!  You mean the ladies who give you the cookies?....Those are called hairnets; they keep the hair out of the food." 

"What are the weird napkins on the cookies?"
"They are pieces of wax paper, so they don't get germs on the cookies when they hand them to you."

Now Miles has the big pause while the wheels are turning...

"Mom, I want to have some wax papers.  And I want you to have a bag on your head."

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That is so cute and hilarious! How would that be if all of us moms wore hairnets! Yikes!

Liz said...

Ah, Michonne, thanks for the chuckle this afternoon. He sounds like a treat. I think you should ask the bakery for one of their extra hairnets next time you are there and then surprise him sometime by wearing it while you hand him a cookie on wax paper.