Friday, February 11, 2011

Knock knock!

Tess is in the "knock-knock joke" phase. (And so, by default, Miles is in the phase too.) It's the phase that I think every parent dreads and despises.  There just aren't very many funny knock-knock jokes, and a five-year-old just doesn't get the concept most of the time.  Typical made-up knock-knock jokes go something like this:  Knock, knock.  Who's there?  Octopus.  Octopus who?  Ha ha--I'm really a zebra!    You know what I mean; they don't make sense, they're not funny, and as a parent you just try to give a little courtesy laugh or a "you're silly!" to make your kids feel better about their budding senses of humor.

So anyway, driving in the van usually turns into knock-knock joke time.  I play along, just because, what else am I gonna do?  Today, however, was a knock-knock joke that actually made me laugh out loud.  Here goes:

Tess (to me):  Knock knock.
Miles:  Who's there?
Tess (to Miles:)  No, I want Mommy to answer!
Miles:  Mommy to answer who?
Me: laughing....

2 comments:

Jennie Moore said...

Thats a crack up! I can't believe your kids are growing so fast.

Liz said...

Knock knock

Who's there?

Funny po

Funny po who?

Funny post, michonne! Nand the best knock knock story I've heard in a long time.