Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to do homemade Valentines for the kids' classmates.  I saw this idea on 2 different blogs last year and I loved it...so here is my version (the pictures didn't turn out so great--I don't know why, but you'll get the idea.)

First you take a photo of your child with her hand out, like she's holding something:
Then you can add text or borders to jazz it up.  Print them out, like so: 
 Then, you slice a small cut above and below your child's fist and insert a Dum-Dums sucker through:
 It looks like your child is handing their friend a sucker!  Clever, eh?  :) 
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


UPDATE:  Tess just got home from school and I asked her if her friends liked her Valentines....she said that some of the suckers had fallen out, so she just yanked all the rest out and gave the sucker and the card separate.  Fail.   If I do this again, I need to remember to put a piece of tape on the back to hold the sucker on!

1 comment:

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

What a great idea. I will steal it for next year.