Sunday, November 18, 2012
Great-Grandma Terry
We attended the funeral of Bryan's Grandma, Mary Terry, yesterday. She was just one month shy of celebrating her 90th birthday. She had been married to her sweetheart for 71 years! In the 10 years that I've known Bryan and his family, I've never really gotten to know great-Grandma Terry because she was a shy, quiet person who let her chatty husband do all the talking, and she was in the early stages of dementia/Alzheimer's disease. At the funeral it was really interesting to hear stories about her as a young mother and wife. The most repeated thing everyone kept saying about her was how service-oriented and kind she was to everyone around her. She opened up her home to anyone who needed it, at any time, for any reason. She was also notorious for sending the kids sneakily through the neighborhood with treats or dinners for neighbors who needed it--all anonymously. What a great example. I really enjoyed hearing more about her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment