Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween! 2012

We had a really fun Halloween this year.  Bryan and I aren't usually costume people, but this year we were invited to a Halloween party at our friend Jennie's house, so we decided we better figure out something to dress up as.  Bryan remembered that he had a Native American costume that his talented-seamstress mom made for him way back when he was about 14-years-old for scouts.  So, we decided to be "Cowboy & Indian" and it turned out really cute.  I darkened my hair with some black colored-hairspray.  I've never seen me with dark hair before but I really liked it!  (It was not very fun to wash it out though...took about 4 shampooings and 2 serious conditionings!)
The next day, Bree wore Bryan's cowboy hat and loved running around the kitchen with it on.  Here are a few cutie pics of her...


Oh, I love this face!!!
Tuesday night was Jack-o-lantern time... here is Miles's:

 Here is Tess's: (she did fangs for a vampire, and drew red marker "blood" but you can't see it in this photo.)



 Here are the kiddos on Halloween night:  Tess was a vampire, Miles was Bumblebee Transformer, and Bree was a duck.  They all looked great!


We did the black hair for Tess too; I told Bryan to spray it a lot thinner than he did for me--it only took 2 good shampooings for her :)

Bree was just happy to ride around in the stroller.  She didn't really seem to "get" the Trick-or-Treating yet. Probably by next year she'll really be interested in knocking on doors, but I was happy to just keep her in the stroller this year with a candy now and then, not at every single door.  I did the candy buy-back again this year and paid the kids for however much candy they wanted to sell.  They both ended up selling about half of the candy to me, so I'm happy with that.  (Hopefully to prevent cavities!)

No comments: