Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This year we were with my side of the family for Thanksgiving and we had the opportunity to host the dinner at our house!  I was excited and nervous since Thanksgiving is a big deal--it's the only holiday that is completely centered around a meal!  And since I'm not a great cook I was worried, but thankfully everyone was willing to pitch in and bring food, so we only had to worry about mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls.  Easy, peasy.  I found a super yummy mashed potato recipe (from "Pioneer Woman") and they were...super yummy!  We wanted to be sure we made enough, so we made a ton, and Bryan happily ate leftovers for days.

It was nice to have aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents all fit into our kitchen/family room.  Our last house's kitchen was itty-bitty, so hosting would have been out of the question.  I'm so happy that we can accommodate more people now.

As for Black Friday shopping...we are done with it.  After Bryan's experience several years ago of camping out ALL NIGHT at Best Buy and STILL not getting what he wanted, the whole Black Friday magic is gone for him.  (And I have never really been a Black Friday shopper myself.)  That said, Cyber Monday shopping is AWESOME!  We are all in!  We spent a few hours last night on our tushes in front of the computer and got almost all the Christmas shopping done!  Now we just wait for the magical knock-knock-knock of the FedEx/UPS/USPS guy and voila--Christmas!  :)

No comments: