I was spoiled with a wonderful Mother's Day this year. First of all, this past week was a super busy one...Grandpa J's funeral was Monday, which was emotional and busy, and Bryan was gone to California all week doing flight tests (which is something he'll be doing all summer, every third week or so. Boo...) And it was also "Teacher Appreciation Week" at Tess's school--which is the committee that I am co-chair of for the PTA, so this was our busy week to do fun things for the teachers every day. So, by Friday night, I was pretty pooped out and ready to relax a bit. On Saturday we spent the day at soccer games, and then down at Gramma & Grampa Terry's house for a BBQ. I love when the weather is nice enough to eat outside and enjoy their fun backyard.
Our ward was getting a new bishopric today, and the Stake President called Bryan and said that he & I needed to meet with him before church today. (Aack!) We were both relieved and thankful that he got called to be the Executive Secretary for the ward. That's a perfect calling for Bryan, and he is excited about it.
I got lovely gifts from my family; a new yoga mat from Bryan, a card and flowers from Bree, a cool board-book that Miles made in school, and a beautiful card and homemade flowers from Tess. I can't believe I didn't take a picture, but I love each one.
Today we were back in Tooele at Charlotte's house for another BBQ. She has a new stand-up paddle board that we were able to try out in the little golf course lake behind her house. It was pretty fun! I was nervous about falling in, because I am the klutzy one of the family, but luckily we all stayed dry.
![]() |
| What a lucky, blessed mama I am! |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment