Bree had a fun birthday this year! When you turn 5 in the bamatamb household, you get a "friend party," and Bree was so excited for hers! We planned a really fun water party for outside, with a waterslide and sprinklers under the trampoline and on the the playset....and then the stupid weather didn't cooperate and it poured rain instead. I was super bummed out. :( But first look at this cute face, opening presents...
When the water party flopped, I had to quickly improvise and come up with ways to entertain a bunch of 5-ish year olds. Luckily I feel pretty comfortable doing that! We just played your basic party games, like "Button, Button," "Hot & Cold," and "Pin the Crown on the Princess." (I quickly taped up one of Bree's gift bags, which of course had princesses on it!) We played dress-up and then danced to "Just Dance" on the Wii. Then we had pizza, watermelon, cake, and opened presents. And finished up with a pinata. Pretty fun!
Bree wanted a princess cake and I decided to go the easy route and just bought princess cake toppers. I didn't want a cake-wreck on my hands! (Check out the Cake Wrecks blog if you're bored, it always cracks me up...)
She is currently 38 lbs. and 3 feet, 6 inches tall
What is a happy memory you have? My doll that I got when I was born, the one with the curly hair.
What is one word to describe you? the best daughter ever!
Why do you like being a kid? Cause I can fit through things, and stuff.
What do you like to do for fun? Play with my mom.
What's your favorite thing to do with your friends? Play "Back to the Future."
What's your favorite thing to do with your family? Family Home Evening.
What's the nicest thing you did for someone? Load the dishwasher for my mom and dad. (Hmm, funny, because she's never done that! She does empty the silverware though and it's super helpful.)
What's your favorite song? Red Lips and Rosy Cheeks.
What's your favorite color? Pink and purple.
What's your favorite movie? Princesses movies.
What's your favorite book? All of them!
What's your favorite TV show? All of them! Like which ones? Ready, Jet, Go!
What's your favorite dessert? Brownies and ice cream.
Who's your best friend? Aisley.
What's a talent of yours? UPSTART. (Her online preschool program.)
What do you want to be when you grow up? Police Officer.
What's the best thing about being 5? My birthday.
Oh, how we love our little Bree-toe! I get sad to see her growing and learning so much more because she's really not a baby or even a toddler anymore! Her cute little mispronunciations are getting less and less frequent and it kind of breaks my mama heart. But she is a joy. Almost always happy and makes friends with everyone she meets. She is reading quite well and she's so excited for Kindergarten this year! She has been my little sidekick at the school this year, so she already knows so many teachers there. She will do great. Happy birthday Bree!












No comments:
Post a Comment