Since our kids had so much fun with all the dogs out at Simpson Springs this year, Bryan & I started talking about possibly adopting a dog. We debated and debated...we knew the kids would love it, but we weren't sure about the added stresses that come with a dog. I've never had an inside dog in my whole life, so I was worried about how stressed out I'd be with dog hair, dog drool, and dog smell on things. We knew we did not want to deal with a puppy and the chewing/potty training issues that come with puppies. But after much discussion and looking at lots of shelter dogs, we picked this sweet little old dog named Parker. He's 9 years old (almost 10!). He lived most of his life with an older couple but the wife passed away, so the husband signed him over to the vet's office to find him a new home. I am a little worried about his old age, but hey--maybe it's a good thing because it is definitely a shorter commitment than getting a one year old! He has such a sweet, mellow personality. He's a really good companion dog; he just loves to hang out with anyone and have someone pet him. He loves to go for walks and he's quite obedient. He's the perfect dog for novice dog owners like us. :)
He's very patient and gentle with the kids. He loves to go for walks with the kids wearing Roller Blades. I am very glad we got him. I hope he lives a lot longer. 10 years is old, but they said that Border Terriers should live 14-15 years, so hopefully he'll be with us a while. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment