My calling right now in church is Bear Den Leader for Cub Scouts. I have some strong feelings about scouts and vowed I would never do scouts unless I could be in there with Miles. Which I am! So (even though I still have some issues) we are having lots of fun together.
We got to go to Camp Kiesel for day camp. We were with the Wolf scouts too, so there were 12 boys, plus leaders.
Our first stop was craft-making. The boys used mallets and shaped metal stamps to imprint a piece of leather, to hang on their backpacks or something.
Then we headed over to the obstacle course where the boys walked across the rope bridge and raced over and around other obstacles.
Some of the favorite rotations are the bb gun shooting range...
...and the archery range! Miles thought it was "hard but pretty fun" (his arrow didn't want to stay in place on the bow so he got a little frustrated.)
I took a few turns too. Just call me Katniss Everdeen.
(look closely at this picture--the tip of my arrow is right in the yellow bulls-eye! Yahoo!)Our last rotation was the waterfront. The boys enjoyed rowing the boats out and about. I thought they would all end up soaked, but we were there after sundown so I think nobody wanted to get too wet and cold right before we got back into the cars. (Originally our boys were supposed to go to Camp Fife but it was closed down for the summer, so Camp Kiesel was taking double-shifts to accommodate all the boys. We were there until about 8:00 pm)
Here's the Wildwood Ward crew. A great group of boys.
And our fearless leaders, me, Renee, and Melinda.
No comments:
Post a Comment