Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well, I had the birthday that I haven't really been looking forward to...40!  I don't know why I've been dreading it (30 didn't bother me), but I just feel like 40 sounds old.  When the kids have asked in the past about different ages ("how old are you when you are a tween?  how old are you when you're officially grown up?  what does middle-aged mean?  when are you actually old?" etc...) I have always said that once you hit 40 you are considered "middle-aged."  So, on the morning of my birthday Miles slid this note under my door:
Gee, thanks, buddy.

Bryan gave my a new Kindle and an Instant Pot for my gifts, so I am very excited to try out new recipes.  I've heard that Instant Pots are pretty awesome...we'll see if I can make some good stuff.

We did go camping on my birthday, so that was a lovely way to spend the day.  Then after our trip, we had Papa and sweet Gramma J over for dinner and cake.  Bryan thankfully did not actually put 40 candles in the cake, but he did use the candles to write out "40."  

Happy birthday to me!  I didn't make a wish because I already have everything I've ever hoped for in life.  I am a blessed lady for sure!

No comments: